Sunday, March 16, 2014

Morning Ritual

Getting up every morning used to be one of the hardest things for me in life, now its my favorite time of the day. I used to wish that I would just never wake up, and when I did...it would take me a couple hours to get up and face the world. Back in my using days, bangin out a gram or 2 of dope bedside would help, it would kill the negative thoughts in my head. But after getting clean the mornings where sometimes still the hardest part of my day. They were no where near as hard as when I was an addict, but I still struggled with them from time to time.

Here is my morning ritual that has helped me huge. Besides my morning coffee and a smoke, I go strait to my computer, get on youtube and pull up some good tunes. Music has become one of my best friends, I have always loved music, but now we are tighter than ever. Listening to one of my favorite songs early in the morning really puts me in a great mood, and makes it so much easier for me to carry this through the whole day. Now I don't even think about it, I just do what I do, and I'm happy all the time. I couldn't say that for a long long time. So if the mornings can be difficult for you, give it a shot and see what happens. Play a good tune first thing in the AM, and for a few minutes, don't think about yesterday or tomorrow... then see how the day goes. -Pura Vida

No comments:

Post a Comment