Thursday, October 22, 2015

Men's Rite of Passage - Gabon, Africa - July 2015

Here are some pictures from my "Rite of Passage" this past July in Gabon, Africa. I am not going to say a whole lot about my experience. It was so much deeper than words for me to describe. What I will say is that this traditional ceremony is designed to BREAK YOU: mentally, psychically, emotionally, and everywhere between. To break you from your childhood baggage and show you that fear is not real... to prepare you for manhood and life in general. Our rite of passage lasted 5 days. There is no Iboga consumed during the rite of passage. The "full Initiation" into the Bwiti Tradition is a different story, LOTS of Iboga is taken then. I will make another post with pictures from my "Full Initiation"

Was this tough? O hell yeah it was...but the gains for me personally are off the charts.

"Everything you want is on the other side of Fear"

The line up. 18 of us total. 8 white boys & 10 Africans.












Do I look like I am having fun?












My favorite picture, ever. Some real life shit right here.


We slept 4 nights here... no pillows, no nothing












Through the jungle we go...
and go...
We made it through.... :)






























































"Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice."

No comments:

Post a Comment